To All Aspiring Koi Keepers,
This year our Annual Koi Growing Contest falls on May 6, 2017. This is the time for you to bring in your koi to show how well you have maintained your prized “living jewels” and to compete for top awards. All koi lovers are welcome to our Growing Contest to enjoy the show and complimentary food and beverage.
This year, we have over 1,500 pieces of high quality tosai from Dainichi, Hiroi, Hoshikin, Isa, Marudo, Ogata, Omosako, Sakai, and Tani Koi Farms. They are sized between 6” – 10” and priced at $100.00 each; these koi can be entered in next year’s contest.
All contestants with name tags can begin to select koi from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. We will open the gates to the public at 10:00 a.m. Show tanks are limited, so please call to reserve a tank and let us know how many koi you plan on entering into the show.
When catching the koi, please be mindful of other participants and be gentle so as not to damage the koi; refrain from touching the koi with your hands! We hope you enjoy our Growing Contest!
The all day schedule is as follows:
- 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Enter your koi
- 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Koi Judging
- 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Chinese Food
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. – Awards presentations
- Grand Champion – Overall best growth & finish
- Super Growth – Maintain good color & pattern
- Best Finish
- Best in Gosanke
- Best Pattern Koi
- Best Non – pattern Koi
- Tategoi (A)
- Tategoi (B)
- Judge’s Award
- Andy’s Favorite
- 3:00 p.m. – End of contest – Please take your koi home